This article is part of a series. Check out the other pieces in this series to learn more about:
- WHY a complete approach to gut health can transform your overall health
- How to SEED your gut with healthy, hearty probiotic bacteria
Life can be rough on the gut.
Each day, you come in contact with substances that can harm your gut. Your gut lining is just one cell thick, and can become damaged as a result of the food you eat, the stress you are under, and the toxins you’re exposed to. Worn out and damaged gut tissue can then let food particles and other materials that don’t belong into your bloodstream.
An unhappy gut can manifest in many different ways, but one of the most common symptoms is digestive trouble, like bloating, gas and pain, and eventually a food sensitivity or allergy.
Digestive troubles, like bloating and pain, and sudden food sensitivities are no fun. These symptoms, and a fear of eating certain foods can make your personality shrink, and can change the way you are in the world. (Ask anyone with a food allergy or digestive trouble whether they get anxiety over travelling to a new place – I’ll wait here.)
Fermentation to the rescue
The first step on the road to loving your gut is to strengthen gut health and prevent damage to the digestive tract – that’s where fermentation comes in! The fermentation process removes the nutritional obstacles that can damage the digestive system and cause digestive discomfort (like bloating and gas – ugh).
Fermentation increases food’s bioavailability by “unlocking” vitamins, minerals, amino acids and carbohydrates, and amplifies the nutritional value of foods by increasing, and even generating NEW antioxidant chemicals that are more powerful and better absorbed.
Fermentation also improves digestive health by supporting a strong gut ecology, helping allergies, food sensitivities, weight management, inflammation, skin health, mood and immunity, and can help to shift gut bacteria populations in healthy ways. Eating plenty of fermented foods, like like yogurt, kimchi, sauerkraut, kombucha and miso, and using fermented supplements, can help to nourish and repair gut tissue, much in the way that compost helps to nourish soil in a garden.
Beyond regular protein
Rather than merely providing a high protein gram count, Genuine Health’s fermented proteins give you a more absorbable and digestible protein supplement – with the added bonus of increased gut health!
Fermented proteins nourish the gut lining, strengthening digestive health (plus, no bloating!) so the gut becomes more efficient at absorbing nutrients.
- fermented vegan proteins+ fuels the body with a complete spectrum of amino acids from 7 high-quality, hypoallergenic, fully fermented vegan ingredients: pea, brown rice, hemp, quinoa, alfalfa, spirulina, and mung beans. The fermentation process creates bioactive nutrients that help to heal the gut, plus 20g of highly absorbable plant-powered protein – with NO BLOAT!
- fermented Greek yogurt proteins+, the first fully fermented protein from Greek yogurt that contains unique dairy peptides created in the fermentation process that help to heal the gut. Made from milk from grass-fed cows that provides 25g of readily-available, easily-absorbed protein, providing the amazing unique, nutritive benefits of dairy, without the digestive disturbances. Easily tolerated and sourced consciously for a natural, clean, fully fermented protein supplement.
- fermented whole body NUTRITION with greens+ is a revolutionary fermented superfood formula that delivers gut-healing fermented polyphenols, plus the fundamental nourishment for the building blocks of life.