This twist on the classic pancake breakfast also makes for a great snack.
- 2 scoops (1 serving) unflavoured fermented Greek yogurt proteins+
- 1 ¼ cups any gluten free flour (we used quinoa flour – the traditional recipe calls for chickpea flour)
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup crumbled feta (goat feta)
- Nuts of your choice (sliced almonds, crushed walnuts, or hazelnuts)
- Ground cinnamon
- In mixing bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, protein powder and salt. Whisk until blended thoroughly.
- In small bowl combine wet ingredients: water, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour wet ingredients in.
- Mix by hand until dough ball is formed.
- Place dough ball on floured surface and knead for 10 minutes.
- If too wet-sticky, knead some extra flour. If too dry, add some water
- Once dough is kneaded, break in 5 equal parts (for large-medium size pancakes) or 10 equal parts (for mini pancakes) and roll each piece into a ball.
- Take one dough piece and roll it out flat into pancake shape, about ¼ inch thick.
- Place a tablespoon (or more) of feta cheese in center, fold side over, knead the dough and cheese together, until cheese is well mixed in.
- Roll back out flat into pancake shape. Repeat with all other dough pieces.
- Add a few tablespoons of olive oil to pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Place one pancake on the pan and cook for about 5-6 minutes on each side. Check bottom, when golden brown, flip.
- When done, place pancakes on a plate lined with some paper towel to absorb excess oil. Repeat until all pancakes are cooked.
- When ready, sprinkle some of your favorite chopped nuts over each pancake, sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with honey.