- 1 10 ounce package mini chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life’s mini chocolate chips)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- a good pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup natural unsweetened peanut butter
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 scoop fermented vegan proteins+ vanilla
- In a small pot, melt together the coconut oil and the chocolate chips over low heat, stirring regularly so the chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Once melted, stir in the sea salt, then remove from heat and pour about 1/2-1 tablespoon of chocolate into the bottom of mini silicone muffin cups or a 12 cavity silicone bakeware mold.
- Place the silicone molds in the freezer (if you used individual cups, place them on a small baking sheet first) to set for at least 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a medium sized bowl, mix together peanut butter, honey and protein powder until smooth.
- Remove the silicone molds from the freezer and place about 1/2 tablespoon of the peanut butter filling in each mold. I personally like to roll the filling into a ball and then press it into the mold, so its nice and flat. Spoon another 1/2 – 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate on top and place the molds back into the freezer to set for at least an hour.
- Pop the peanut butter cups out of the molds. To serve, let the thaw for a few minutes before devouring.
- Store them in the freezer in an air-tight container for up to three weeks.